Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Julia and Her Sheep

Just a short post to show the recent progress that I have made on the Julia Flynn section of the LHN Dear Diary sampler. And just let me say that I did not enjoy stitching the fence. No, it is not complicated or difficult in any way, my brain was just not fully functioning that day. I can't recall when I made so many little counting mistakes before that had to be frogged.

But I think I will keep stitching on this so I can hopefully finish the cabin, as everytime I look at this sampler, Julia seems to be reproaching me for not finishing it, so she can go in out of the snow. And looking at this picture, I just realized that I still need to finish the buttons on her coat, so she can't even button up against the cold. Unfortunately, I don't have much stitching time in the remainder of this week, but I'll see what I can do.


Happy stitching!

14 comments:

Vonna said...

I hate to say it but Julia does look a bit reproachful! LOL!
Love her sheep and the fence though! Good going :)

Michelle said...

This is looking so cute!! Glad you got the fence under control LOL!

Ranae said...

This is looking so awesome, I cant wait to see the cabin added. Your SS WIP is looking great also.

Pumpkin said...

She looks lovely Laura :o)

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely piece. I am happy the fence worked out in the end. You can't even tell that the frogs visited. LOL

Cheryl said...

Great progress! Glad you got the fence finished :)Hope to get working on my piece again next week

Wendy said...

It looks great! I love this series.

Stephanie said...

Well done on getting that troublesome fence done - some things just refuse to be stitched easily :)

Glenna said...

LOL about the fence--but it turned out well!

tkdchick said...

Looking great!

Sally said...

Julia and her sheep are looking fantastic!

Carolien said...

Though the fence must have been frustrating, this winter scene looks lovely!
Happy stitching & greetings, Carolien

Mylene said...

Your progress is looking great!

Thanks so much for stopping by at my blog and have a nice weekend.

Sonda in OR said...

It's coming along great...and your Mary Engelbreit picture is wonderful!! I like her style, though I haven't stitched anything of hers...