Friday, September 11, 2009

Summer Snapperland Finished

This morning I put in the last stitches on Summer Snapperland by Bent Creek, finishing that last block on the left. The crabs and the seahorses are my favorite parts of this design.


So here is a picture of the whole Snapperland at last. I made some color changes to fabric and threads. This is stitched on Zweigart 32 ct. natural linen and I exchanged GAST Blue Jay for the GAST Brethren Blue, and DMC 783 for the GAST Mustard Seed. I also made the little grassy bushes with GAST Dried Thyme instead of GAST Old Hickory because I wanted greener plants.

I have the patterns, including the free chart for the border design for the Autumn Snapperland, so I'll be getting to that one eventually.

I also finished the next section of the Lizzie Kate Christmas Double-Flip Its, so that makes 8 down and four more to go.


It is getting more and more difficult to get a good picture of the entire project, but here it is.



Happy stitching everyone!

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Love the finish of your Summer Snapperland. The house with the whale and the little crab are on my neighborhood RR and just too cute.
You are making great progess with the newest Christmas Flip It's

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Wow! I've never seen this one before - it's TOTALLY calling my name! I'll have to look out for it. I love your finish.

Nice progress on the L*K design, too.

Karan said...

Lovely finish - enjoy your HD. :0) Nice to see the L*K developing - helps me to know what mine would look like if it ever made it out of my stash! LOL

Lynn said...

Are you standing on a ladder for that pic, lol! It's looking fantastic and I just love your Snapperland finish too.