Monday, September 7, 2009

Around the World


I spent a lot of time surfing stitching blogs last night, and there were so many beautiful projects out there, I decided that it was time for another Around the World post.

First stop is in Spain (I think?), region or town unknown, to El Blog de Estrella where you can see her stunningly beautiful finish of Plight of Fancy by Long Dog Samplers. It is quite a different thing to see a stitched finish of a Long Dog instead of the computerized images on their designs. The colors on this one are so vivid and bright, and the photography is superb as well.

Next we travel on to Italy and stop at il mercoledi to gaze at Mariangela's three lovely finishes. She has finished My Quaker Garden and When This You See, both by Blackbird Designs, and a red monochrome design by Dany. It always amazes me to see how popular Blackbird Designs are all over the world. They show up everywhere.

A short hop over the Alps into France and we'll dash to des fils defilent in Paris to look at Ktia's unique and gorgeous finish of the Mary Wigham Reproduction Sampler in blues and tans. I have seen many different SALS for this one...French, Spanish, German and even Russian. I really like this blue and tan version.

Now across the ocean sea we travel, to the city of Montreal in Canada to a blog in Russian called My Workbasket to look at a gorgeous tea cozy that Amaryllis (I think...awkwardly sounding out the Russian letters) made from the new Tea Party design by Victoria Sampler. She even changed the saying to Russian. I love it!


Well, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed the short tour.






1 comment:

soleil said...

Super j'ai trouvé le moyen de traduire ton blog en Français...A bientôt ...Soleil