Friday, October 17, 2008

Some Recent Stitching


The days are finally getting cooler here in North Texas, and I think fall might be here to stay. You can never tell here, though, we might be pulling the shorts and sleeveless shirts out again next week. Like many people, fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the cooler days, the colors of fall, the pumpkins and scarecrows, the end of mowing the lawn, the shorter days....just about everything about the season, except perhaps football. I think perhaps,, for me, it is because it signals the end to our incredibly brutally hot summers. It is like a drink of cool water to a man dying of thirst. I have noticed, however, that it is the favorite of most people, even of those who are in much more agreeable climates than Texas. Perhaps for some, it is a last calm respite before the rigours of a harsh winter season. But whatever the reason, I just want to take long walks with dogs, stitch out on my front porch and bake pumpkin pie.

I have been stitching some these last few hectic weeks. I started a new project from a French magazine, De Fil en Aiguille, special Alpine issue, called Mon Beau Chalet. Here is my progress so far.

And I started Winter Cardinal by Something in Common. This is a very small design, and all I have left to stitch is snow swirls all around him and the border. I think I am going to try to make my very first flat fold with this one.

On the international blog watch, I'll just list a couple that stood out for me this week:
At Cross Stitch Girl, Daniela has finished stitching the gorgeous Secret Santa by Lavender and Lace. This Santa design just really appeals to me.
At Chalet des Perelles, Cathy is almost done stitching Merry Christmas, Ella Vaughan by Blackbird Designs and I just love the colors. Her photo makes it look much better than the picture on the pattern.
Nivaira at Labores de Nivaira has finished Where the Heart Blooms by Blackbird Designs, but she changed the words. It is just beautiful!
And Paola at Il Blog di Paola has made a delightful flat fold with her stitchery of Blessed Are the Meek by Little House Needleworks.
Everyone have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Good morning Laura - Love your little chalet and that cardinal is just too cute. The weather is a changing and nights are getting cooler. Time for me to move to Arizona LOL

Sally said...

Both of these pieces are lovely Laura. I especially like the chalet. I'd be happy living somewhere like that:)

Cheryl said...

Your stitching looks great.
Just rain, rain and more rain here in Scotland!