Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Plans for 2013

Well here I am again, and with the beginning of a new year, the first day of a new 365 day adventure, I am responding to that inevitable compulsion to make a list of hopeful goals and plans. Basically, what I would like most is to finish some long-standing WIPs that have been long reposing in dark dresser drawers and would dearly love to see some daylight and have an escapade or two with my needle.

So, in light of that over-arcing goal, I have joined this year's WIPocalypse over at Measi's Musings.  Just to make things more complicated, and therefore more captivating, I am also going to make an effort to participate in Theme-a-licious for my stitching in 2013.  So here is a list of the WIPs that I plan to stitch upon... some are nearly done, some are barely begun, and many are around the midway mark.

1.  Beacon House by Praiseworthy Stitches
2.  Winter White Woodland by Blue Ribbon Designs
3.  Gingerbread by Madame la Fee
4.  Dear Diary Sampler by Little House Needleworks
5.  Strawberries and Cream from Cross Stitch Collection Magazine #158
6.  Strawberry Field Farm by Victoria Sampler
7.  Mon Beau Chalet from De Fil en Aiguille Magazine
8.  Sunflower Inn by Little House Needleworks
9.  Buttoned and Beaded Latte by Mill Hill
10.  Buttoned and Beaded Dashing Reindeer by Mill Hill
11.  Greenland Santa by Mill Hill
12.  Winter Snapperland by Bent Creek
13.  Coeur au Printemps by AMAP
14.  Deer in Winter from Agenda 2009

Since it is Jardin January over at Theme-a-licious, I plan to pull out the WIPS that have flowers or gardens for some needle time this month.  That would be Dear Diary Sampler, Strawberries and Cream, Strawberry Field Farm, Sunflower Inn, and Coeur au Printemps.

I have also signed up to participate in TUSAL this year.  I have my jar ready and will start keeping those snippets as of today.  I have been amazed how much some of you accumulate over the year.

So, Happy New Year, Happy Planning, and most of all, Happy Stitching!

No comments: